Monday, June 13, 2005

 

Increase your lottery winnings

Question:
I tell you that I can increase your lottery winnings if you win, am I lying?

Hints:
Solution:
There's a good chance that I can increase your winnings if you win. Especially if I happen to have a database of numbers that people have picked in the past. Most people pick numbers that they identify personally with, like their son's birthday or wedding day. Most favorite numbers are below 10.
Since in a 6-49 type lottery (where you pick 6 numbers out of 49 numbers) people are unlikely to pick a sequence like 13-14-15-16-17-18, I might choose a number like that for you, it's just as likely as any other number and far fewer people would choose it for their lottery pick. This way when you win you are more likely to win alone and not split the prize, thus I increased your lottery win.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?